Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Witches, Disease, and D.W Griffith

My sleeping schedule is so completely screwed up. I have only myself to blame for this. Well, myself, Lady Gaga, and black ciders.

Never before have I been more psyched for my classes. I give you...my course load:

Heretic, Witches, and Conspirators
A history course focusing on "the way religious and social minorities, particularly those regarded as heretical or socially malign, were perceived, written about and treated in the early modern period. Identities/Communities discussed will included witches, Jews, Catholic and Protestant sectarians and `vagabonds’".

Malleus Maleficarum is required reading. Bomb.

Body, Disease, and Society
Another 3-worder history course on how Europeans imagined the body and understood disease. What have I learned so far? Everything can be cured by a phlebotomy. Wait - maybe that isn't quite right...

Film and History
A cultural studies course on how history is displayed through film. We are focusing on American history and have started screening Birth of a Nation. Way to make an international student feel guilty about her home country.

I visited one of our two libraries today. As schools of comparable size, how does Leeds have 2 libraries and Wisconsin have 40?

No comments:

Post a Comment