Thursday, January 21, 2010

Motown, Madonna, and Celine.

Reasons I currently love England:

They play Madonna in their grocery stores. I'm not talking about Like a Prayer, 4 minutes, or even Holiday. I'm talking about those center-of-the-album tracks that don't hit American airwaves.

They have a Lebanese joint that plays the best of Celine Dion. So while eating delicious pita and hummus, My Heart Will Go On starts up. What the what? Where am I?

They appreciate Motown and know the words to Ain't No Mountain High Enough. But than again, who doesn't?

Their scary street hoodlums are actually just 14-year-old boys who play a form of "made you look". I tell you, there is nothing funnier than making someone look down at something that isn't even there. God, run an hour of that on NBC and BAM, you have a revitalized network.

No comments:

Post a Comment