Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Fortified

Whenever I happen to be in Europe I make a fort. It is a weird little correlation. The last time I made a fort was 3 years ago in my Parisian hotel room. That didn't go over too well with the maids. Today, I decided I ought to lock myself away to begin my research and essay prep for these two beasts due on the 15th. My cave was metaphorical at first. Then I found a spare bed sheet and my 6-year-old self, Natawee. After reading about anti-Catholic propaganda and the Popish plot for hours, I carefully constructed my new little study area. I'm pretty sure I put more thought into this construction than at any point in AP Physics. And that is the absolute truth.

I have to say, I am really proud of my fort. It is equipped with my laptop, wifi, water, candles (warning: underneath a bed sheet is probably the dumbest place to ever put a candle. But thrilling.) nutella, pillow, and books. What more could one need?

When you make a fort during the day you have to sleep in it at night, right? So that is what I'm about to do. After I finish blogging by candlelight and listening to some Yellow and Wonderwall set on repeat. I hope I get enough sleep though - it is going to take a lot of mental clarity and strength to block out Monty Python and the Holy Grail while I research the plague's effects on early modern English society tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment