Thursday, May 13, 2010

Finals Frenzy?

I've never had so much time to study for finals in my life. I realize I probably shouldn't be complaining about this, but sometimes having an excess of free time leads to extreme abuses of time management. I've watched every single episode of Glee in one week. I've gone through 32 episodes of How I Met Your Mother in maybe 12 days? I've logged countless hours on StumbleUpon, seen every movie trailer released in the past two months, and could probably write an embarassing amount on the deeper psychological and political messages of Lady Gaga's Telephone music video. And I really have been studying everyday. I have three finals in the course of three weeks, plus a reading week (which I am in the middle of now). At Wisconsin and most public schools across the country, we have a reading day and one week to take at much as five finals. I'm used to tight study schedules where all you do is eat, breath, and think your study material. You cannot get into that groove for three weeks straight.

I'm flying home in exactly three weeks which I'm sure will fly by. Honestly, I'm pretty traveled out (and broke) so I doubt I'll be going on any great excursions again. I'm considering seeing the Lake District though...and I'd love to go back to Edinburgh. Never expected I'd connect with that city. I'm actually making it a goal of mine to never see London. The hussle and bussle doesn't interest me at all. And after seeing European cities like Rome, Florence, and Barcelona could it really even compare? Part of my avoidance is spite too. Everyone always asks me, "How's London?" so when I get back I'm sure it will be, "How was London?". I'd love to reply, "Actually I went to LEEDS and have never even been to London. There is a lot more to England than London". Anticipated response, "What's a Leeds?"

First meal wanted when I get back: cornbread drenched in maple syrup, brats grilled on the back deck, real non gag-inducing caesar salad and peach iced tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment